Monday, October 27, 2014

Fall, fall, falling down

It's fall and while there will be no pumpkin spice lattes in my future, I'm enjoying the season with walks in our favorite park, readying the yard for winter, clam baking it up with some of my favorite people, and junking out on Halloween specials. I've finished a couple new paintings this October with a decidedly Great Lakes fall color palate (unintentionally if you can believe it!). Here is one titled "Dirt Growth" oil, ink, and spray paint on clear primed linen, 24 x 36 inches.



For two weeks this summer there were no exhibitions on the docket, so I tried out some new ideas. Here is one of the new works here: "Drifter 2" oil on paper, 17 x 10 inches.


A series of four of these, along with some other new paper pieces, can be found at the Bonfoey Gallery in Cleveland, Ohio. I'll be using some of what I learned to make a new body work for a solo exhibition at Angela Meleca Gallery in Columbus and a two person exhibition at Bonfoey Gallery, both taking place near the end of 2015.

Keep your fingers crossed for me - I'm writing for grants to send my goofball son to Montessori School next fall. Even though he's only one year old I can tell he's a people person and will really benefit from some interaction with other kids and socially functioning adults. He and I are duking it out in a battle of wills over here, and it's starting to get ugly. Some time apart (and time for Mommy to work in the studio) can only positively impact our relationship. :) Some good news on the Arlo front: I think we've overcome the separation anxiety peek. Also, he's still amazingly adorable and fully walking now, although, from time to time, he does fall down with a splat like Maggie from the Simpsons.

Happy Halloween everyone!!!



1 comment:

boosting lol said...

It's very great article and i find a nice game plese click this web site.league of legends boost