Friday, May 9, 2014

Summer group shows, big fall show, and general goings on...


Hello again! Long time - no speak. I'm just coming out of the new Mommy coma as Arlo has finally begun sleeping all the way through the night! Night weaned and all, hooray!!!  Sleep will finally be mine! (at least for now) :)

I've actually been able to get a lot done these seven months (thank goodness for dear Moms and Mother-in-Laws). Four paintings on paper were completed for the Cleveland Clinic's new renovations of the Intercontinental Hotel across from their main campus on Euclid Avenue.  I'm very excited to be one of many Cleveland artists that are included in the project. More news on this to come.

I'm thrilled to have just started working with a gallery in La Jolla, CA, the fantastic RB Stevenson Gallery!  I am sending them two brand new paintings, a taste of one is pictured above,"Breaking Through" oil, ink and spray paint on clear primed linen, 30 x 30 inches, and three other works for their group show: Green Heaven. The exhibition runs from June 7 - July 19, 2014 with an opening reception Saturday, June 7th from 5-8pm.

I'll be in a group exhibition titled Surface, at The Chautauqua Institute's Strohl Art Center this July 16 - August 19th with an opening reception Wednesday, July 16th from 3-5pm.  I'll be in lovely Chautauqua for the opening if you find yourself in New York, or if you want to take a day trip and enjoy the serene artsy village.

Ten (maybe eleven) brand new paintings, including a couple large ones, will be on view in a two person exhibition with Pallavi Sen at ROY G BIV Gallery  on High Street in Columbus, Ohio this September 6-27th.  Opening Reception is Saturday, September 6th from 7-10pm.  I've been trying to get a show here for years. They have an annual call for artists to fill their exhibition season that I recommend all my artist peeps check out. I'll be at the gallery for the opening if you want to come by and say howdy! It'd be nice to have some friendly faces so far from the CLE. There will also be an artist talk to close the exhibition on September 27 at 2:30pm. I hope to see some of you there!!!

Well, that's all for now folks. The trees are flowering, the air is sweet, and I'm getting at least 7 strait hours of sleep a night. Life is good.

No comments: