Saturday, November 9, 2013

New Mommy! and new commission completed!

Here is the newest commission finished for the Marriott Courtyard in Beachwood! Splinter Diptych, oil, ink, marker, and colored pencil on panels, each 24 x 36 inches. The left panel was a painting made in 2012 and the right panel was made just this October as a companion piece.  Special thanks to my peeps at Nine Dot Arts in Denver, CO for the gig!!!

Those of you who follow my news know I've recently become a new Mom on October 7th! Making this new panel was a real challenge.  I had no idea how hard taking care of the new baby was going to be.  I was trying to prepare myself for the worst but was completely unsuccessful.  Some days are better than others, but this little man of mine is a real handful.  There is the constant crying, the no sleeping, and that's not just him I'm talking about! I really hope he gets used to his guts soon cause my nerves are frayed.  I do think the stress may have added some extra oomph to my work though... we'll see. For all the baby lovers out there, here are some photos of my moody little Arlo (born 6lbs8oz, 20 1/2 inches, 1:31pm, October 7, 2013):






 
 
 

No comments: