Friday, May 10, 2013

Some newsy bits to chew on...


Hi ya folks! and dudes! and dolls!

Its been a nice and busy spring with lots of little arty things to tell you about (if you care to click on and/or visit in person):

Firstly, my solo museum exhibition, Tap, Crack, Bellow, has been such a wonderful experience!  It will be up at the Butler Institute of American Art for another couple weeks.  If you haven't gotten a chance to chance to check it out and would still like to, it will be on view through May 26th - be sure to grab a full color catalogue of the complete exhibition from the museum gift shop!

I'm happy to report that I'll have a brand new painting at the NOADA ARTExpo with Bonfoey Gallery this weekend at the Transformer Station in Ohio City.  ARTExpo is Cleveland's very own annual fine art fair.  The best galleries in town will be exhibiting some of the finest in original, regional, contemporary, and modern art. The preview gala kicking off tonight from 5-9pm is sold out but tickets are available ($10 for sale at the door) for Saturday from 11am-6pm and Sunday from 12pm-5pm. 

Dan Tranberg has curated a group exhibition of regional artists at the new CSU Gallery on Euclid Avenue and E13th Street titled Hold the Wall: Trends in Contemporary Painting.  I'm thrilled to be participating with one of my favorite painters, Erik Neff!  The exhibition runs from May 17 through June 22nd and opens with a reception at the gallery Friday, May 17th from 5-8pm.

I just shipped off some new work to my pals at Miller Gallery in Cincinnati.  If you find yourselves down southways pop in and check em out!

I'm so excited to be able to announce that I am the proud recipient of an Ohio Arts Council Individual Excellence Award for 2013! Woohoooooooppp!  Gotta get writing some serious thank you letters!

Lastly, a few weeks back, I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with the lovely Dee Perry, for a live radio interview on WCPN IdeaStream's program Around Noon.  I was terribly nervous and trying desperately not to bumble on repeating: "um.... um...." so I opted for the long pause instead. Check out the stream of the interview here (I'm the last eight minutes or so). Special thanks shout out to Dave DeOreo and his peeps for making this possible!

Happy springtime everyone!

No comments: