Saturday, July 14, 2012

New House, new studios, new Butler painting update...

My husband and I just bought our first house in a little burb just 5 mins outside downtown (not in rush hour). Its a lovely little 1920s brick cape cod in Newburgh Heights.  The two little rooms I'm using for studio space combined equal a little more space than I had at the apartment in Tremont, but not much.  I am planning to rebuild the garage in a few years with a spanky new studio on top.  But for now, I tore up carpet, tore out wallpaper, fixed the walls, and slathered on a couple coats of a serious matte white (please note: the crap stuck to the hardwood - old wallpaper - was there when I pulled up the carpet) Check it:



I 've been sweating it out in the studio above Bonfoey about once a week.  Here is the latest monster painting progress report. :)

1 comment:

Naomi Walters said...

The house looks nice! I bet it looks more beautiful now, after you were through with the restorations you had in mind back then. Did you manage to rebuild the garage? I hope everything worked out according to your plan. Good day!

Naomi Walters @ Chicora Real Estate