Monday, April 23, 2012

New big painting for Butler Museum show in 2013!

Hi ya folks! Here is a shot of the newest big monster painting I'm making for my first solo museum show taking place in March 2013 at the Butler Institute of American Art in Youngstown, Ohio.  I've been taking pictures along the development but thought it was at a place that would be good for posting today.  It's 5' 4" in height and 31 feet in length so its tricky to get it entirely into one photo frame. Here it is going around the corner of the studio space downtown. I think the piece is about 1/3 of the way done.  Now to come all the meticulous details and bits - the time consuming stuff.  I wonder how much it will change this summer?

Hope everyone is having a happy spring!


1 comment:

Hugh Moore said...

Be careful painting that. You might pull a muscle painting something that big.