Friday, April 1, 2011

Sleepless in Johnson VT?

Here is a picture of my sweet little room at Pearl House. Many of the residents are having trouble sleeping (including me). We've been discussing the different reasons for this: being excited to be here, the stimulus of such a creative environment, and especially for me strangely enough, the thin skeletal mattress over plyboard. Mine has a habit of juicing up a bunch of static energy and then releasing it when one least expects it as I jostle about in a failed attempt to get comfortable and skin connects with a surfaced metal spring. Some of us have taken to sacrificing a blanket by placing it beneath the sheet. It seems to be working - extra padding and shock protector. I actually got 8 hours of sleep last night! YES!!!! Sleep or not though this place is a little slice of heaven. I heart you Vermont.

No comments: