Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Kissing the CWF grant goodbye

Well, last week I went to my first adjudication for a grant that I applied to. Specifically the Creative Workforce Fellowship Grant for Cuyahoga County artists. I had never been to an event like this before and was optimistic. I went to the East Cleveland Public Library eager to hear some kind words and maybe the slightest hint of constructive criticism about my artwork. What I got was a little praise and a lot of harsh reality or, should I say, negative subjective opinion. I have since coagulated up off the floor into a humanoid form more resembling myself and have went back to work. Like my mother said, "I know this is cliche but I really believe whatever doesn't kill you just makes you stronger". This new oil on canvas is titled "Kissing", 30 x 36 inches. I'll try for the grant again next year.

No comments: