Friday, October 10, 2008

New works on paper


I got some really great contemporary frames from Bonfoey that were scrapped from old orders and thought it would be great to do some paper pieces. Thanks to the invitation from The Zygote Press last year I was able to make some lovely little monoprints for free. They turned out very nicely and three out the four I was able to take away with me sold. The universe is telling me to do some more work on paper. This is my first attempt at this new oil, pen and pencil on paper thing I'm trying out. Its called Laguardia's Headpiece. It worked out pretty well I think. The oil, no matter how light I made the color, was tricky to manage in this way. I might switch to watercolor.

XO
Dana O.

1 comment:

thinker said...

Your paintings are lovely, i enjoyed them.